Verses from the Psalms for the edification of ti’s and shame of perps.
11. Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die. 12. And render unto our neighbors sevenfold into their bosom their reproach, wherewith they have reproached thee, O Lord.
Psalm 80:3-7: 14-19
3. Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. 4. O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of the people? 5. Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure. 6. Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbors: and our enemies laugh among themselves. 7. Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
14. Return, we beseech thee O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold; and visit this vine; 15. And the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted, and the branch that thou madest strong for thyself. 16. It is burned with fire, it is cut down; they perish at the rebuke of thy countenance. 17. Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself. 18. So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. 19. Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
Psalm 81: 9-13
9. There shall no strange God be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange God. 10. I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the and of Egypt: open thy mouth wide and I will fill it. 11. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Is’rael would none of me. 12. So I gave them up to onto their own hearts’ lust and they walked in their own counsels. 13. Oh that my people had hearkened onto me, and Is’ra-el had walked in my ways! 14. I should have soon subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.
Psalm 82:2, 5
2. How long will ye judge unjustly and accept the persons of the wicked? Se’lah. 5. They know not, neither will they understand, they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
Psalm 83:4, 16
4. They have said, Come and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Is’ra-el may be no more in remembrance.
16. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O Lord.
10. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of the God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them who walk uprightly.
Psalm 88-it describes our lives but is so depressing. It actually describes my life quite well.
31. If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments: 32. Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes, 33. Nevertheless, my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him nor suffer my my faithfulness to fail. 34. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
4. For a thousand years in my sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
Psalm 91–all of it
1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4. He shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but is shall not come nigh thee. 8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9. Because thou hast make the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation. 10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15. He shall call upon me and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. 16. With long life will I satisfy him and shew him my salvation.
16. Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? 17. Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
Psalm 98 1-4
1. O sing onto the Lord a new song for he hath done marvelous things: his right hand and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. 2. The Lord hath made known his salvation; his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen. 3. He hath remembered his mercy and truth towards the house of Is’ra-el: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. 4. Make a joyful noise onto the Lord, all the earth, make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
3. Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves: we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
5. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbor, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will I not suffer.
Psalm 102:2, 8
2. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear onto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.
8. Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are made against me are sworn against me.
26. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure, yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed.
The rest of 102 is great, too.
More to come