Somebody wanted this, so here it is. Psalms to say to/against perps. Or Psalms to say about perps. All of the Psalms are good but I’ve personally chosen these Psalms as ones that really talk back to perps. Some of these Psalms are called Imprecatory Psalms, imprecatory meaning to curse or bring evil upon. Now, Christians are not supposed to send curses but the Bible is full of them. Perhaps King David in these Psalms hoped his enemies would repent and go straight with God by reading these scary prayers. Maybe not. Jesus Himself cursed the Pharisees hoping they would come to themselves and repent. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post entire Psalms. Both King James Bibles are copyrighted at a much later date but essentially contain a King James Bible along with connecting verses,maps, mini dictionary, etc. It might be TMI to post my specific Bibles as they sit out for everyone to see. The King James Version was first published in 1611 but underwent several revisions to modernize it a bit but never became a new VERSION of the Bible until someone published the New King James Version in the 20th century.
As an aside, I do believe that the perps are involved in the occult and DO regularly curse us and for us to use the Bible’s imprecatory verses is one way of fighting against spiritual attack. I have procrastinated doing this for months and am sorry.
“They speak vanity every one with his neighbor; with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. 3. The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things.
He that backbitheth not with his tongue nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor, 4. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoreth then that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt and changeth not.
Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger; the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
Psalm 22:6-12 (really all of it)
But I am a worm and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. 7. All that see me laugh me to scorn; they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying, 8. He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. 9. But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was on my mother’s breasts. 10. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly. 11. Be not far from me: for trouble is near; there is none to help. 12. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me around.
Psalm 22 prophecies Jesus’ sufferings
Don’t forget Psalm 23.
Psalm 25: 6-7
6. Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been of old. 7. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.
Psalm 27:9, 12-14
9. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. 12. Deliver me not onto the will of mine enemies for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13. I had fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 28:1, 3-4
1. Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. 3. Draw me not away with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief in their heart. 4. Give them according to the wickedness of their endeavors: give them after the work of their hands, render to them their desert.
11. I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbors, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me. 12. I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel. 13. For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh onto him.
Psalm 35:7, 15, 19
7. For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have DIGGED FOR MY SOUL. (caps mine). 15. But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not. (behavior of perps) 19. Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
Psalm 37: 1-10, 14, 24, 27-8, 33, 35, 40. (really all of it)
1. Fret not thyself because of evildoers neither be thou envious against the workers or iniquity. 2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. 3. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5. Commit thy way onto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass. 6. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgement as the noonday. 7. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. 8. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 9. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. 10. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
14. The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to stay such as be of upright conversation.
24. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
27. Depart from evil and do good; and dwell forevermore. 28. For the Lord loveth judgement , and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever; but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
33. The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
35. I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
40. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Psalm 38: 12,19
12. They also seek after my life lay snares for me and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things and imagine deceits all the day long.
19. But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
More to come…..